vendredi 27 mars 2009

Introduction

I'm welcome by one of the village's official leaders.

First thing is to give me a seat. We just spent 2 hours in the 4WD and my back needs some exercice. So I try to refuse the small stool they're offering. I explain I just need to stand up for a while. But I quickly realize that people are disappointed. Besides, the negotiator promptly explain to me there is no option but to sit.

Soon, women bring water that I cannot drink (health reasons)! Again I refuse it. Some of the villagers start thinking I'm rude! they don't like me. Others, more comprehensive, and tought by the negotiator, understand I cannot drink water. They bring palm tree wine! This is smelling awful, but I know it's an honnor and I cannot refuse at least to taste it. Here I go.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire