vendredi 27 mars 2009

Departure

The day after, villagers leave for field work early morning and I soon head back home. My driver accepts to carry all kind of things back to town and we also drive a sick little boy with his mam to the doctor.

On our way back we stop for a while buying a dead squarrel trapped by villagers, and drink a bucket of palm tree wine with them (see picture of the family during field work).

I have never discussed the project with the community. Quite frustrating and uncomfortable! Whether the village will commit to the project or not can't be told at this stage.
Something strikes me in this negotiation: These villagers are very poor but they welcome me as best as they could. I haven't brought anything except the project. I mean nothing personnal, nothing to build a relation between us. There is no relation between us other than business relations... I think of that all the trip back home.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire